Bituthene® 5000 is a composite membrane incorporating high performance moisture and water-resistant rubberised asphalt with tough, puncture and heat-resistant polypropylene reinforcing mesh. Specially developed for use under a hot applied asphalt concrete wearing course.
- Cold applied — no heating or hot bitumen bedding adhesive required, self-adhesive overlaps provide continuity.
- Flexible — easily applied, conforms to changes in profile, accommodates shrinkage cracks up to 0.6mm.
- Robust — accepts road-laying machinery.
- Preformed — guaranteed thickness, not subject to site variation.
- Mesh reinforced — provides dimensional stability and resistance to damage.
- Rubber/bitumen — self-adhesive, elastic compound provides bonding and transmission of braking forces to substrate, allows healing of small punctures.